2022 Institute & Initiative Doctoral Program campaign
Campaign designed to award doctoral contracts for the QICS
2022 campaign results
On May the 17th, le QICS auditioned 4 candidates to award two doctoral programs related to quantum information. Members of the jury was:
Maria Chamarro - Présidente du jury
|Name of candidates
|Simulation quantique avec des atomes de Rydberg circulaires en pinces optiques
|Michel Brune et Clément Sayrin
|1st ex aequo
|The algebra of the MinRank problem in post-quantum cryptography: Gröbner bases, complexity, and implementations
|Ludovic Perret, Vincent Neiger et Éric Schost
|1st ex aequo
|CV quantum networks at telecommunication wavelengths
|Secure Network of Quantum Sensors
|Damian Markham et Eleni Diamanti
Within the framework of the Institutes and Initiatives of the Sorbonne University Alliance (ASU), a campaign to award doctoral contracts financed by the French Excellence Initiative (Idex) will be launched on January the 14th. The QICS will award two doctoral programs related to quantum information, from both the physics and computer science point of view.
- Quantum computing (including simulation) and communications;
- Hardware, software and foundational aspects;
- Broad impact of quantum information (postquantum cryptography, machine learning, humanities, economical implications, etc.).
Per project, QICS financed 3 years and 10K€ environment
Recruitment campaign process
A call for doctoral research projects is launched among researchers and lecturers at the Alliance Sorbonne-University (To be eligible, the project leader should be the PhD supervisor and member of a laboratory affiliated to the ASU).
If you want to submit your project, please make sure your project is in line with the selection criteria. Below are all documents to apply with complete calendar an process
Deadline: February 21st 2022
The doctoral research projects validated by the doctoral schools are submitted to a committee of researchers and teacher-researchers chaired by the Directors of the Institute.
Deadline: March 18th 2022
- The projects preselected by this committee are published on the Sorbonne University website (doctoral section) and on the QICS and doctoral schools’ websites.
2022 projects are:
- Students first send their applications to the project leaders. They will then be auditioned by a jury.
- Project leaders send the candidate application they support filling this online form (French only)
Deadline: April 26th 2022
Audition: from May the 16th to the 27th
Selected candidates will be awarded a doctoral contract after the interview.
Announcement: June 3rd 2022
Program details and documents
If you want to get more information regarding the complete steps and process, below are the complete program and documents to apply: