|The Quantum Information Center Sorbonne (QICS) aims at coordinating research, teaching and outreach efforts within the Alliance Sorbonne Université on quantum information — quantum computing and quantum communications —, as well as its impact in other fields. It gathers a large community from computer science to physics, but also mathematics and humanities.|
It is within this framework that the QICS proposes to initiate inter-doctoral / post-doctoral seminars of the Alliance Sorbonne Université to allows its members to discover the wide range of research topics related to quantum information.
The purpose of this monthly event is to bring together doctoral and post-doctoral students working on diverse and varied thematics of quantum information in order to discover their very wide range, from core thematics to related subjects. Through this interdisciplinarity, they will be able, on the one hand, to complete and share their knowledge, and on the other hand, to bring out collaborations and joint projects.
Concretely, our mission is to allow doctoral and post-doctoral students to meet, work together and open the quantum community to other scientific fields. This is why people from other fields of research are welcome, and are invited to present us the existing synergies between their work and quantum information.
This short and user-friendly event, which encourages interactions and informal moments, is broken down as follow:
– two short presentations, 10 minutes each to describe the project followed by 10 minutes de questions;
– every 1st Wednesday of the month, from 11:45 am to 12:25 pm;
– using only 10 slides;
– in an amphitheater of a laboratory;
– followed by a more informal time outside.
How to submit your proposition:
Just by sending your project to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the following elements:
– name and firstname;
– team and laboratory;
– seminar title and short summary.
Agenda and practical informations:
– the first seminar will takes place on June the 2nd;
– the deadline to send your subject is May the 18th;
– another newsletter announcing the detailed program and location of the event will be sent to you a few days before June the 2nd.